Getting In TouchFor general enquiries please fill in the contact form or contact us through the details below.
Bookings can be made directly from each of the product pages.
Level 5, 18 St Martins Lane, Grafton
PO Box 949 Auckland
Phone: +64 9 358 5600
Fax: +64 9 358 3471
Booking Terms and Conditions
MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
1. CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENTS
MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK at its discretion may allow cancellation of bookings on the following conditions:
- Once booked all passes incur a minimum cancellation of 25% of the ticket price.
- Within 7 days of departure: 50% of the ticket price.
- Within 2 days of departure: 75% of the ticket price.
- Cancellation on the first day of your package, or day of departure: 100% of the ticket price.
- Non-notification of cancellation and after departure has occurred: 100% of the ticket price.
- Once a booking is confirmed a $50 amendment fee applies to any amendments to Fixed Beds packages.
- Once a booking is confirmed a $50 amendment fee applies to any amendments to Connections packages.
- Domestic flights booked as part of Coach & Jet passes once confirmed are not transferable or refundable.
- Any changes to rail sectors once ticketed will incur cancellation and/or amendment fees.
- Passes bought in conjunction with other passes are considered ‘one pass’ and are subject to standard refund conditions e.g. TranzAlpine Experience and Magic Milford Discovery.
2. USE OF PASSES
Travel must commence within 12 months of the date you purchased your pass. Pass prices are correct at the time of printing. MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK reserves the right to alter prices without prior notice. Transport Pass prices are based on booking date. All other products including Flexi Bed, Fixed Bed, Coach & Jet, Bus & Beds and Connections prices are based on travel date.
- Passes entitle the holder to travel on MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK only.
- Passes do not entitle the holder to meals or accommodation unless specified.
- Passes do not include transport across Cook Strait between Wellington and Picton or Picton and Wellington unless specified.
- Passes that allow rail sectors or domestic flights are subject to availability of rail and air transport and do not include transfers from railway station or airport. (Free shuttles or special low fare buses are often available from selected hostels or city bus routes).
- Train Passengers wishing to overnight in Arthur's Pass or Kaikoura will incur a $15 fee to split their pass into multiple journeys.
- Passengers purchasing Coach & Jet passes must provide evidence of an international airline ticket booked in their name.
- Passes are valid for 12 months from the first date of travel and are not transferable.
- Each sector may only be travelled once unless your pass allows Unlimited Travel.
- Sectors that remain unused are not transferable or refundable.
Unlimited Travel is restricted to the following passes: Summer Magic, Spirit of New Zealand, Wayward Wanderer, Magic Adventure, Northern Discovery and Southern Discovery. Unlimited Travel entitles the holder to travel for a 12 month period from the first date of travel in one continuous direction. Conditions of Unlimited Travel: no backtracking is permitted; repeated circuits can only be commenced upon the full completion of the previous circuit; the pass holder must contact the Magic office once each circuit has been completed and provide photographic identification; the pass holder will be required to provide photographic identification whenever requested by employees of Magic Travellers Network; the pass holder will accept that upon completion of their first circuit they will subsequently travel on a space-available basis; the pass holder may not repeat travel on any sectors that are not wholly operated by MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK including Northern Exposure, Coromandel Connection, Abel Tasman Escape, Milford Discovery, Rock Bottom. MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK will reserve the right to remove any pass holder found to be abusing Unlimited Travel. Accommodation vouchers included in selected passes that remain unused are not transferrable or refundable.
3. LUGGAGE AND POSSESSIONS
MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK does not accept liability for loss of luggage or other possessions. It is recommended that passengers have comprehensive travel insurance before beginning any travel. Drivers are not permitted to carry lost property. Luggage is restricted to one pack or suitcase or day pack for each booking and subject to the conditions of the Carriage of Goods Act 1979. Collapsible, self-propelled wheelchairs can be carried but electric wheelchairs cannot. A person may negotiate for additional luggage but bikes, sporting or other equipment cannot be carried on coach without payment for excess luggage.
4. FREE WIRELESS INTERNET ON COACHES
MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK will provide a period of 30 minutes (or a maximum data cap of 20MB) per day of free wireless internet service on all Magic operated sectors where possible.
This service may be impaired by geographic, atmospheric or other conditions beyond our control; due to this MAGIC cannot guarantee access to the service at all times. By using this service you accept that MAGIC have no control over these forces and have no obligation to compensate you for any non-use, lost information or information transmitted via the service.
MAGIC reserves the right to withdraw this service, or amend its use policy at any time. This service is provided by Tomizone; for further information please see www.tomizone.com/legal/terms_of_use.
5. ITINERARY AND TIMETABLE
The itinerary described in The Travellers Guide To All Things Magic and the service schedule as advertised as the Magic Timetable is correct at the time of publication and will be adhered to within reason, but may be changed due to weather or safety conditions or at the discretion of Magic Travellers Network. Changes to itinerary, timetable, pick up times or the use of third party coach operators shall not give the traveller a right of cancellation or refund. MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK and its agents are not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from these changes. Advertised minimum travel days may not be available year round. Please check relevant seasonal timetables at www.magicbus.co.nz for accurate minimum days when planning your journey.
Your travel agent acts on your behalf and monies paid to your agent do not constitute a contract by description between you and MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK. Your travel agent and MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK are independent of each other. Receipt of monies by your agent must be forwarded to MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK otherwise bookings will not be honoured. You should get verification from your travel agent that monies have been forwarded.
- To confirm your booking, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Passengers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian over 21 years of age.
- Passengers 12 and under are eligible for a 10% discount off the standard price.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs will be as per advertised in ‘The Travellers Guide To All Things Magic’. Other pick-up and drop-off points are at the discretion of the coach driver.
- Persons committing an illegal act or contravening New Zealand Health and Safety legislation (being a health danger to themselves or others) will be removed from the tour and no refund will be due.
6. CONNECTIONS AND THIRD PARTY OPERATORS
MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK does not accept liability for delays in transit or failure to connect with travellers’ expectations for further connections to any third party operator. MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK does not accept liability for other operator’s activities and accommodation or their reliability or safety standards.
7. IF YOU HAVE FEEDBACK
If a problem occurs during your holiday then, in your own best interests you should contact MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter on the spot, there and then.
8. NO SHOW POLICY
If you confirm a travel date on any sector but fail to show for that journey, your Magic Bus pass will become invalid and a NZD$50 fee will be charged to reinstate it.
9. PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
Photographs of passengers may be used by MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK for promotional purposes only without the need to obtain additional consent.
10. LIABILITY OF MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK
MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK and any third party operator, connecting to or providing travel agency services for, are independent of each other. MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK , as a New Zealand tour operator, will only accept bookings from the agent of the traveller on behalf of the traveller on the condition that MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK will not accept liability for the operations of any agent or third party including personal injury or illness to the traveller, loss of property, loss from delay or inconvenience to the traveller or any person caused by the actions of any third party or agent of the traveller.
The warranty to the traveller shall only be the warranty of MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK to provide travel services under these conditions of carriage. Where MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK accepts liability for not providing the services contracted under its warranty and elects to replace travel services it shall replace the services but where this cannot be done will refund the purchase price in full to the travel agent of the traveller.
MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK shall not be liable for any breach or failure to perform any of its obligations under these terms of carriage where such breach or failure is caused by war, civil commotion, hostilities, strike or lock out, act of God, fire, governmental regulations or directions, mechanical breakdowns or any other cause force majeure beyond the reasonable control of MAGIC TRAVELLERS NETWORK. The occurrence of such an event shall not give the traveller a right of cancellation of the contract.