At Magic, we recognise the importance of New Zealand’s natural environment and the need for its sustainability.
We acknowledge that our company operations have a contributing effect on the local and regional environment.
Magic Travellers is committed to environmentally responsible tourism through continuous improvements in environmental performance, waste management and the prevention of pollution.
Our key focus:
Apply Qualmark’s Responsible Tourism Criteria as a framework to work from. Where no
appropriate information or criteria is available we will endeavor to work towards setting
our own existing standards.
- Reduce consumption of materials where possible and promote recycling.
- Strive to minimise wastage (materials and resources) in the office, all operations and product development. Use ‘environmentally friendly’ options where available and realistic.
Minimise wherever possible Magic’s Carbon Footprint.
- Implement measuring of carbon emissions.
- Where vehicles and operations are within our control we will implement methods
aiming to reduce the carbon emissions.
- Encourage external suppliers and operators to reduce carbon emissions.
- For all staff to champion the Magic Environmental Policy.
- Include environmental issues and information in Magic training and induction process.
- Audit progress and report this on a quarterly basis.
- Give back to the local environment and community in which we operate
If you want to take part in environmental projects while you're here with us in New Zealand, you can with our Magic Forest project and help keep New Zealand beautiful. Magic offers a 10 day volunteer package so you can help build a habitat for the Kiwi and other native flora and fauna.